Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Secret springs hunting before summer is over in Hachimantai (vol.2)

Summer is short. Last week, Brompton and I visited the Toshichi Onsen hot spring in Hachimantai for a part of the secret hot spring hunting.


Then we headed to other hot springs in Akita prefecture, crossing a prefecture border lined on the ridge from Iwate prefecture side. There are a lot of famous and historical hot springs.
Brompton and I hurried toward the next secret hot spring, cutting the thick fog covering Hachimantai Skyline Road.

After 20 minutes of downhill, suddenly big white steamvapor got into my sight. That must be!




Then I went down from the main road to the Obuka Onsen hot spring through a narrow trail.




We arrived at Obuka Onsen!


What an amazing environ and hot spring!

I enjoyed Onsen for an hour, chatting with another visitor. It's time to go to the last one. Fukeno-yu hot spring is located at the other side and not far.

When I approached the hot spring, I found a red roof of the lodge and rising white steam.


What is it? This is Fukeno-yu Hot Spring, the oldest and formerly (hundreds year ago) largest spa around the area.


I checked in for spa before being soaked in one of the best open-air bathes in Japan's north east  region.


That must be one of the outside bathes!


Color of the hot water is grayish-blue. Beautiful.



 I fully enjoyed a hot spring experience. Why don't you visit Hachimantai before winter comes?

No comments:

Post a Comment