Sunday, April 26, 2015

Spring has come. Let's go beyond the clouds!

Spring has come. Let's go to high mountains to look for their wakes for spring.

Today Brompton and I went to Takamine-Yunomaru Woodland Path. I heard that the path was in process of clearing snow last week toward being opened by this coming early-May holiday season. I expect that the work has been almost completed and a bike can go through from Takamine to Yunomaru.

Route: Takamine - Yunomaru - Kazawa Hot Spring - JR Manza Kazawaguchi Station
Distance: 30.4km
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zVh_vanqLQwc.knBa0-qcT1dg

Take Hokuriku Shinkansen from Tokyo Station to Sakudaira Station of Nagano prefecture.

Then take bus to Takamine Kogen located at the altitude of 1973 meters.

Arrived.

Then proceeded to the gate to the mountain path "Takamine Yunomaru Line".


The path leads from Takamine Hot Spring to Yunomaru Toge where is located 8 km from the gate.

You might be surprised at this stunning view of the road and mountain in the mid of the route.

Pile of snow on the unpaved road has been all cleared.

However, not a few parts of the road had been destroyed by avalanche. That is a part of why the road is closed to vehicles except bicycles.

The road still runs uphill. Due to thin air at the 2000-meter mountain, my breathing is gettig difficult and I needs a rest every 5 minutes.

But, what a wonderful view it is!

Arrived at the mid of the course. Uphill turns to downhill from here.



Almost 2 hours after leaving the gate, Brompton and I reached a famous hot spring lodge at Kazawa. The place is one of my favorites.

I washed sweat away in the hot spring.
 
Thirsty. Let's drink my favorite mineral water. 


After bathing, I ordered soba noodle which was the specialty at the attached restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment