Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Bromptons go to Great Victorian Rail Trail - Second day

In the morning Bromptons left Molesworth for Bonnie Doon.


[data]
2nd day
From Molesworth to Bonnie Doon
Distance 47.7km (one way)
Maximum difference in elevation 233m
Average % of slope ascent 2.3% descent 2.2%
Acquired elevation ascent 322m descent 194m




Weather is further improved on the second day.

We stopped to see a herd of sheep across the rail trail.


Suddenly I got puncture tire. Friends offered me a new tube and helped me to fix it. Thanks! 
(photo taken by Stephen Powell)

We arrived at Yarck. A short break at The Giddy Goat Cafe.

The trail continues to the sky.


It is really a great trail!



We are approaching the goal, Bonnie Doon Bridge.


While my friends continued the ride to Mansfield tomorrow, I went home by a 18:15 bus bound for Southern Cross Station.

It was a wonderful trail ride with nice friends. I need to come back here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment