Saturday, April 29, 2017

Wilsons Promontory 2nd day. Let's go to South Point.

(previous article: Wilsons Promontory 1st day)

When I waked up in Lighthouse accommodation on the second day, it was lovely weather with blue sky.

At 8 o'clock in the morning, we assembled to climb the lighthouse up.

Though the tower was only 19 meters high, a 90-meter elevation of the cliff contributes to its focal height of 117 meters. The participants of the lighthouse tour enjoyed the 360-degree view from the top.




I left the lighthouse around 8:30. South Point was 8.7 km away from here. I hurried there via Roaring Meg.



In the middle of the way, I took the walking track to Roaring Meg instead of vehicle track which I walked yesterday.

2 hours later I arrived at South Point. There is nothing special or remarkable here, but it is truly the southmost point of Australian Continent and it seems very popular place for Australian people. I met a lot of people on the way to South Point and back to Roaring Meg. 


Once getting back to Roaring Meg, I departed for Telegraph junction.

I took a different way back to Tidal River as I wanted to see beautiful beaches of Oberon Bay and Little Oberon. 

Oberon bay has a longer-than-5 km beach line. What a beautiful beach it is!

Looking over Oberon Bay from the trail.

A lot of couples and families enjoyed Proms walking.

Little Oberon is located over a small cape from Oberon Bay. It is secluded and beautiful! 

Finally arriving in Tidal River camping ground. It took about 7 hours including break time.

Though I was tired a little, it was a wonderful journey to one of the extreme point.

(end)

No comments:

Post a Comment