Monday, July 16, 2012

Mt. Fuji downhill by Brompton

Mt. Fuji, rising above the clouds, is the symbol of Japan and has provided a spiritual basis for the Japanese since ancient times.

I brought my Brompton to Mt. Fuji (gogoume = the fifth step) at the elevation of 2,305 meters by bus then started downhill to Kawaguchi-ko Station (elevation: 857 meters).

Transportation example:
Saturday/Sunday (summer season)
1)Train - JR Shinjuku Station 08:14 - Fujisan Station 10:21 (Holiday Kaisoku Mt. Fuji No.1)
2)Bus - Fujisan Station bus stop 10:40 - Mt. Fuji Gogoume 11:45

(Fujisan Station accepts SUICA and PASMO. Bus also accepts SUICA and PASMO.)

I needed to be careful of overspeeding. I limited the speed below 45km/hour on straight lines and 30km/hour at corners.

Beyond forest limit around the elevation of 2250 meters. It was cold even in summer.

We need to be careful of uncertain weathers in mountains. Suddenly I was surrounded by fog and it became very cold. Because my clothe was no sleve shirt and a short pant, I was afraid I would be in trouble. But after a while, wind stopped and fog cleared.
An elevation of 2045 meters.




Continue descending. An elevation of 1,786 meters.


I met some road bikes climbing the mountain. Sorry, I used a bus...

Already approaching the foot of Mt. Fuji.

Finally arrived Kawaguchi-ko Station.


Fujikyuko Line official web site

http://e.fujikyu-railway.jp/

Mt. Fuji Climbing official web site

http://www.fujisan-climb.jp/en/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment